Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Aliens in the...no, wait, Zombies in the...

Funnily enough, the first post of 2010 is about computer games - I feel such a nerd. Cyber-geekery isn't normally my thing, but I was driven to it - honestly. My H2B was chilling after a stress submission deadline, playing some online RPG and I was nattering about how I remembered playing games like that in years gone by - musing about what ever happened to those games - were they still played somewhere, at retro gaming conventions, perhaps? I started to search for old favourites - Captain Comic, Crystal Caves, Duke Nukem, even The Simpsons: Bart vs. Space Mutants. Then I was stuck - there was another game I loved, but I couldn't remember the name... I wracked my brains that day, overnight and this morning I was at the end of my tether. I searched online fora, looked at walkthroughs on youtube, tried Wikipedia, then resorted to asking for help. I was getting SO frustrated - I knew all about the game, but I couldn't find any trace of it anywhere. Finally, I found a gallery of screenshots - and there it was. The Catacombs Abyss! Hurrah! I loved that game! I might just have to play a wee bit for old-times' sake...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Visit PomoWorld.com
www.theGayMonster.com - A colorfully flamboyant webcomic!