- Barefaced cheek of celebrities to 'bravely' appear in French vogue sans fard et maquillage
- Normal-looking celebrities turn out con kiddies to study boss and founder of CAC for Easter egg hunt
- Sadly, there seems to be an expectation for women to be frightening un-hirsute - hair-free as a pre-teen - how paedophilic! Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman had hairy arms - did you fancy her less? The Muffia feminist artists explore society's disapproval of female body hair. Recently, Sienna Miller's latest movie has been panned because... she apparently needs an upper-lip wax.
- More stereotypes of accepted female personas: spinster librarians, bimbo footballer wives, etc.
- First there were the boys in candy-coloured underwear
- Then, Su Pollard from Hi-De-Hi appeared in her usual fabulous garb
- Now, Primark are selling their Barbie-esque courts like hot little Easter pancakes
- Plus, Katy Perry is spotted again and again in tremendously cheery clobber - hooray!
(Thanks to DailyMail website for the photographs)
- Reasonable response from a transsexual woman: Calpernia Addams' informative video tells nosy-parkers all they need to know about how not to ask the wrong questions!
- This was a link from a fantastic article by a transitioning woman who had been back and forth across the transitioning spectrum: the link to her article is here (@Feministe)
- From HuffPo, an environmental reason not to support the ban on same-sex marriage - save trees!
You also have to love these cute kissing anteaters and Cat on the Prowl from AfterEllen starring Riese/Autostraddle.com's gal-pal, Haviland Stillwell.
Women taking over the world? I've written about female domination before, but now there is scientific proof via nature itself - a colony of female only ants. These Amazonian insects (well, it had to be Amazonian, didn't it?) are asexual, breeding through clones of the Queen.
Female takeover might not come quick enough for Afghan women struggling under new law that permits marital rape if wives fail to submit to new legal demands by husbands that they have sex every four days. Protesters were pelted with stones for having the temerity to object.
For those who don't know enough about queer theorist and activist, Eve Sedgwick, click on this link to see articles since her death to breast cancer.
Finally, a game of which I was only partially aware 'no homo' has been deconstructed on Feministe. Click this link to check out the useful and funny video about it.